Search
Search
Close

Curch Neufelden

Neufelden, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for kids (all ages)

Parish Church of St. Philip and St. James in Neufelden.

In 1255, a church "auf der Alten" - the name of the ridge between the Große and Kleinen Mühltal - was mentioned, the later mother parish of Altenfelden.

The high altar from around 1760, with the altarpiece of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, was made by a local master, M. Ruckerbauer from Sarleinsbach (or a pupil).

The pulpit was designed in rococo style in the middle of the 18th century and bears a relief of the miraculous catch of fish.

The side altars date from around 1760. The left side altar is adorned with a painting by Martin Johann Schmidt from 1774 depicting St. Anna teaching Mary to read and St. Joachim.

The side chapel or mortuary chapel contains an altar from 1728/31: Lamentation of Christ with Pieta, St. John and Mary Magdalene (by a local sculptor).

The organ has been assigned to the period 1720 - 1730 and attributed to the outstanding Bavarian baroque organ builder Johann Ignaz Egedacher.

Sources: K. Haßleder - Geschichte des Marktes | Pfarramt Neufelden Pf. Adalbert Hadum, o- praem.

Usually open, otherwise contact the parish office.

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather
  • Suitable for kids (all ages)
  • Suitable for children

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Curch Neufelden
Marktplatz 14
4120 Neufelden

Phone +43 7282 6270
mobile +43 676 87765244
Fax machine +43 7282 6270
E-Mailpfarre.neufelden@dioezese-linz.at
Webwww.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4244
https://www.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4244

Contact person

Pfarre Neufelden
Marktplatz 14
4120 Neufelden

Phone +43 7282 6270
mobile +43 676 87765244
Fax machine +43 7282 6270
E-Mailpfarre.neufelden@dioezese-linz.at
Webwww.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4244

powered by TOURDATA