A facade decorated with 10 "Groschen" coins
The old town hall and the Honzik house (Marktplatz 8+10) are the founding houses of Aigen and were built in the 13. century. It was the office building and seat of the orphan till and pictured on the Aigen emergency currency. 1598 the owner of the "10erl-Haus" at the time got into depth and had to sell his possesions, so the township of Aigen took over the house and made it their town hall. The artist Joachim Eckl and restorer Josef Wintersteiger by order of the present owner mostly restored the original state from 1792. Base material for the contemporary design were 40,000 10 "Groschen" coins, which they priorly put on the rails of the "Mühlkreisbahn" and had run over by the train.