Search
Search
Close

Kalvarienberg with chapel

Aigen-Schlägl, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for kids (all ages)

After the Stations of the Cross at the end of the 19th century, the baroque Calvary Chapel with the statue group (1650 and attributed to J.Worath) rises on the summit.

The Kalvarienberg complex rises steeply to the north of Aigen on the edge of the Bohemian Forest. The dominant focal point is the Calvary Chapel (around 1670), a round building. It was commissioned by the prelate M. Greysing and depicts the crucified Christ, John and Mary. Arcades open on three sides rise up on mighty cornered pillars. A special feature is the crucifixion group inside, created by the sculptor Johann Worath around 1650.

Close by is the Holy Sepulchre, guarded by two soldiers made of cut and painted sheet metal.

Freely accessible.

  • open to the public

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for kids (all ages)
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples
  • Suitable for children
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
Other special suitabilities

Chapel from the outside.

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Kalvarienberg with chapel
Kirchengasse
4160 Aigen-Schlägl

Phone +43 7281 62770
E-Mail pfarre.aigen@dioezese-linz.at
Web www.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4004/in…
https://www.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4004/infoskirchen/kirchenundkapellen

Contact person

Pfarrkirche Aigen
Kirchengasse
4160 Aigen-Schlägl

Phone +43 7281 62770
E-Mail pfarre.aigen@dioezese-linz.at
Web www.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4004/infoskirchen/kirchenundkapellen

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA