This is a central building, a round building with a small porch, which was planned in 1694 by the famous architect Carlo Antonio Carlone (1635-1708) and built under the prelate Michael Felder (abbot of 1687-1701). For this purpose, he had the foundations of the Monte Gargano in Italy from a grotto in which the St. Archangel Michael appeared to be. This building was completed in 1696 and probably by Michael Nothelfer painted altarpiece the Convent of Schlägl. Closed during Josephinism, the chapel was renamed again in 1888 after thorough restoration (by Abbot Norbert Schachinger). The last renovation happened in 1995, 300 years after its construction.