Once a much visited pilgrimage site is picturesquely located in a clearing between Aigen-Schlägl and Peilstein.
Already in 1430 a wooden chapel was mentioned for the first time.
Abbot Martin Greysing had both the Schlägl Abbey and this pilgrimage church renovated in the 17th century.
On the south side springs a spring, which is caught in a stone shell. The water is attributed healing properties (especially for eye diseases).
The church was built between 1641 and 1644. Architect and master builder was the Italian Ciprian Novo, who was responsible for the construction of the church and the design of the square. The interior of the pilgrimage church dates mostly from the construction period. From 2002-2004, the Filial Church, including the Peace Chapel and the Wolfgangsbründl, have been completely renovated both inside and out. The interior restored Mag. Eva Moser-Seiberl.
Please get in touch for more information.