The spring is piped into a wooden well (hollow tree trunk) and flows underground into a clear, small pond just in front of it. The source was redrafted in 1971.
Due to construction work at the source, a new water quality check is required. The result is currently still pending therefore the source is temporarily provided with the note "no drinking water"!
The nearby Calvary Chapel (Baroque Rotunda) was to receive a Bründl and so the source was probably taken at the behest of Abbot Michael Felder (1687-1701). The name Michaelsquelle could go back to this abbot Michael. But it could also be named after the patron saint of Christian knights and St. Romans, St. Michael, leader of the heavenly host.