In 1224 Helfenberg appears in a document for the first time as a branch of St. Peter. So you may consider St. Peter as the mother of Helfenberg. Probably Helfenberg was once also a branch of St. Johann. In a letter from 1545, the pastor of St. Johann, Urban Draer complains about Wolf von Schallenberg on Piberstein. He paid too little "toe" for the priest sent by St. John, who did the parish duties in Helfenberg. According to the historian Ferihumer is Helfenberg in a parish register of the 15th century still a branch of Waldkirchen (Niederwaldkirchen). According to the parish chronicle from 1885 Helfenberg 1474 already appear as a parish, but in 1617 again with "St. Stephan ". In 1617 (according to Dr. Ferihumer) Helfenberg appears in a parish register.
In 1682 the monastery of St. Florian exchanged the parish of Ansfelden near Linz with the bishop of Passau for the parishes of St. Johann, St. Veit, Helfenberg and St. Stefan. From the given year Helfenberg is looked after by world priests. In 1785, the diocese of Linz was founded and the parish Helfenberg assigned to this.
Please get in touch for more information.