Maria Pötsch Pilgrimage Chapel
In 1849 the farmer Matthias built a precious chapel and only one year later the wooden building was replaced by a chapel made of stone.
The reason why he built the chapel was the following: It was exactly the place where a little water spring had its source. As legend has it, the water had mysterious healing effects. And in 1793 someone found a portrait of the crying Virgin Mary exactly on the same place.
Maria Pötsch derives from this historical legend. The original of this portrait of the Virgin came from the Hungarian town of Pec and can now be admired in one of the side wings of St. Stephen´s Cathedral in Vienna.