Wanderin steht zwischen zwei großen Steinen.

Accommodation search

Your enquiry

Please fill in all fields marked *.

Static Map

Wallfahrtskirche St. Wolfgang am Stein

The following photo gallery can be navigated with the arrow keys (left, right).
Special features
Place with a special, natural energy
All weather
Suitable for groups
Once a much visited pilgrimage site is picturesquely located in a clearing between Aigen-Schlägl and Peilstein.

Already in 1430 a wooden chapel was mentioned for the first time.
Abbot Martin Greysing had both the Schlägl Abbey and this pilgrimage church renovated in the 17th century.

On the south side springs a spring, which is caught in a stone shell. The water is attributed healing properties (especially for eye diseases).

The church was built between 1641 and 1644. Architect and master builder was the Italian Ciprian Novo, who was responsible for the construction of the church and the design of the square. The interior of the pilgrimage church dates mostly from the construction period. From 2002-2004, the Filial Church, including the Peace Chapel and the Wolfgangsbründl, have been completely renovated both inside and out. The interior restored Mag. Eva Moser-Seiberl.

Contact

Wallfahrtskirche St. Wolfgang am Stein
Natschlag
4160Aigen-Schlägl

Phone: +43 7281 88010
E-Mail: zv@stift-schlaegl.at
Web: www.stift-schlaegl.at

Wallfahrtskirche St.Wolfgang am Stein
Natschlag
4160 Aigen-Schlägl

Phone: +43 7281 88010
E-Mail: zv@stift-schlaegl.at
Web: www.stift-schlaegl.at

We speak the following languages

German
English

powered by TOURDATA

Suitability

  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for schools
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples

Season

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter

Accessibility

Für Informationen beim Kontakt anfragen.

Sehenswürdigkeiten
Wallfahrtskirche St. Wolfgang am Stein
Aigen-Schlägl

Once a much visited pilgrimage site is picturesquely located in a clearing between Aigen-Schlägl and Peilstein. Already in 1430 a wooden chapel was mentioned for the first time. Abbot Martin Greysing had both the Schlägl Abbey and this pilgrimage church renovated in...